1. Introduction. Outdoor Women’s Alliance, a Utah nonprofit corporation (“OWA”, “we,” or “us”) offers this Grassroots Program Membership platform (the “Platform”) as part of Outdoor Women’s Alliance and www.outdoorwomensalliance.com to further its charitable mission to inspire confidence and leadership in women of all ages. The Platform facilitates connections between women and provides its female members with a valuable tool in building and strengthening their communities and themselves through the lens of outdoor adventure.
For the safety and security of our members, this Platform is offered and available to female users who are eighteen (18) years of age or older only
. By using this Platform, you represent and warrant that you meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Platform.
4. Accessing the Platform and Account Security.
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Platform, and any service or material we provide on the Platform, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, all or any part of the Platform is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Platform, or the entire Platform, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Platform.
If you choose a username, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Platform or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer or internet connection so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
5. Intellectual Property Rights – General.
The Platform and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof), are owned by OWA, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. This Section 5 does not apply to User Contributions, as defined in and discussed in Section 8, below.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Platform for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end-user license agreement for such applications.
- You may take such actions as are enabled by social media applications available on the Platform.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Platform or any services or materials available through the Platform. If you wish to make any use of material on the Platform other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Trademarks. OWA’s name, the terms “Outdoor Women’s Alliance” and “OWA,” the tagline “Ski, climb, ride, paddle: Go Conquer.”, the slogan “Go Conquer.”, OWA’s logos, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, taglines and slogans are trademarks of OWA or its licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of OWA. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Platform are the trademarks of their respective owners.
8. User Contributions.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries);
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm any minor in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional materials such as junk mail, chain letters, spam, or any other similar solicitation;
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate OWA, an OWA employee or volunteer, another member or user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing);
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Platform, or which, as determined by us, may harm OWA or users of the Platform or expose them to liability;
- Use the Platform in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Platform, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Platform;
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Platform for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Platform;
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Platform or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent;
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Platform;
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Platform, the server on which the Platform is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Platform;
- Attack the Platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; or
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Platform.
The Platform may contain message boards, personal profiles, personal message features, personal pages, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features (collective, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Platform.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and nonproprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Platform, you grant us and our and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any lawful purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not OWA, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Platform.
9. Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination.
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Platform.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Platform. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS OWA AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot review material before it is posted on the Platform, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
10. Content Standards.
These Content Standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
11. Copyright Infringement. If you believe that any User Contribution violates your copyright, please see our Copyright Policy (located here: https://www.outdoorwomensalliance.com/terms/#copyrightpolicy) for instructions on sending us a notice of copyright infringement. We will terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers.
12. Reliance on Information Posted. The information presented on or through the Platform is made available solely for general information purposes to further OWA’s charitable mission. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Platform, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable;
- Promote or contain sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist in any unlawful act;
- Portray any form of drug or alcohol use, legal or illegal;
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person;
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization;
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising, unless pre-approved by OWA;
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case; or
- Contain any content that violates the letter or spirit of OWA’s Forum Rules.
This Platform includes content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, writers, journalists, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by OWA staff (but not OWA interns or volunteers), are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of OWA. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
13. Offline Activities. One aspect of OWA’s charitable mission is to facilitate connections between women that may lead to participation in outdoor activities. The Platform serves as an online forum through which women of all ages and experience levels can connect through their shared interests in the outdoors. You agree to participate in outdoor activities, meet other women in person, enter into mentor/mentee relationships, or act in any other way offline as a result of your use of the Platform at your own risk. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for any conduct, injury, or damage that occurs offline.
14. Events. OWA periodically puts on offline events to support its charitable mission. From time to time, OWA will post information about such events on the Platform. Postings related to events are for your informational purposes only and the information contained therein may change at any time with or without notice. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Platform, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. For your safety, and for the safety of other members, you may only share an event’s dates, general description (without location or time specified), and organizer contact information on third-party sites such as Facebook.
15. Changes to the Platform. We may update the content on this Platform from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Platform may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material. You must contact OWA directly at email@example.com before quoting any material from the Platform in any third-party publication or on any third-party website to verify that the quoted material is current as of the date of an intended post.
18. Linking to the Platform and Social Media Features. You may link to OWA’s homepage and pages other than the Platform, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
This Platform may provide certain social media applications that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Platform.
- Send emails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Platform.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Platform to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these applications solely as they are provided by us and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Platform or portions of it to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, framing, deep linking, or inline linking.
- Link to any part of the Platform or than its homepage (although you may link to other pages within www.outdoorwomensalliance.com).
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking to stop immediately. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our sole discretion.
19. Links from the Platform. If the Platform contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. OWA has a gear-review program to support is charitable mission and will occasionally endorse, and link to, third-party products. OWA is not responsible for the content or quality of the linked sites or products, nor does it endorse a linked entity itself, even if it endorses such entity’s product. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Platform, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
20. International Laws Apply. The owner of the Platform is based in the state of Utah in the United States. We provide this Platform for use by persons anywhere in the world; however, we make no claims that the Platform or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Platform may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Platform from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
21. Disclaimer of Warranties. You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Platform will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE PLATFORM, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER OWA NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH OWA MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE PLATFORM.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER OWA NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH OWA REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE PLATFORM, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, SAFE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE PLATFORM OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, OWA HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
22. Limitation on Liability.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF OWA AND ITS LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS, TO ANY PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO OWA FOR MEMBERSHIP IN OWA IN THE LAST TWELVE MONTHS OUT OF WHICH LIABILITY AROSE.
The foregoing does not affect any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. The limitation of liability set out above does not apply to liability resulting from our gross negligence or willful misconduct.
28. Your Comments and Concerns.
This Platform is operated by Outdoor Women’s Alliance, 4882 W. Wiley Post Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to the copyright agent designated in our Copyright Policy
in the manner and by the means set out therein.
All other feedback, comments, request for technical support, and other communications relating to the Platform should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org